Stories of Le Cordon Bleu Graduates
vol.2 Bringing joy to customers through pastry-making
At “Le Café” next to our Paris school, you can enjoy your deli, pastries and baked goods on-the-go.
Miss Mandy Huang, owner of Choice Delights Inc., from Taiwan
Miss Mandy Huang, have studied of Le Cordon Bleu’s Paris and Tokyo-Institutes, founded a gourmet granola brand “Choice” based in Taiwan, and currently sits as the chairman of the brand which outreach has grown internationally . In 2018, Miss Huang won the prestigious Stevie Award of Women in Business in three categories and Red Dot Design Award. In 2019, Choice had awarded consecutive 4 years Monde Selection Gold Awards and outstanding Le Cordon Bleu alumni, Choice products were dispatched on Taiwan High Speed Rail, China Airline and utilized by Taiwan President’s Air Force One Flight.
Miss Huang is a charismatic and charming figure who is working to expand her business in new markets while valuing her life outside of work.
I have loved eating since I was small, and my dream was to work in a food-related industry. After obtaining two master degrees, I worked in the semiconductor industry for long which is completely different from the gastronomy world. I joined Le Cordon Bleu to realize my life-long dream. Chasing after my dream has enabled me to turn my passion into a career.
At Le Cordon Bleu, I learned so many life lessons through collaborating with my classmates who brought different cultures and perspectives into classrooms. I have built special bonds with the peers I met in the programs.
The best thing about pastries is how they are easy to enjoy—you can make people happy on ordinary occasions because you don’t need a special reason to enjoy a piece of pastry. Choice, Love and sharing brings us together! It's Choice's vision and also the reason why I founded Choice.
During our lessons in the kitchens at Le Cordon Bleu, it was tough for me to multi-task in a short span of time, since I had no experience working as a professional cook. I gradually managed to get used to the speed, and for my final examination, I presented an original entremets –originally a small pastry dish served between courses. I still remember how happy and proud I was of my achievement.
Personally, I would like to return to Le Cordon Bleu Tokyo and learn Japanese cuisine. Our next development for “Choice” will be further global expansion, especially in the Japanese market. Japanese consumers are good critics and have an eye for quality products. If we are successful in Japan, it will boost our chances of winning in other markets, too!
◎ Shop information：
- Miramar shop：3 F., No. 20, Jingye 3rd Rd., Zhongshan dist., Taipei City
- Q Square shop：3F., No.1, Sec1, Chengde Rd., Datong Dist., Taipei City
- SOGO Fuxing ：8F., No.300, Sec.3, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City
- SHIN KONG MITSUKOSHI Taichung：8F., No. 301, Sec.3, Taiwan Blvd., Xitun Dist., Taichung City
- city'super SOGO Fuxing： B3F., No.300, Sec.3, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Da’an dist., Taipei city
- city'super Big City：B1F., No.229, Zhongyang Rd., East Dist., Hsinchu City
(3) Darcis Café
- No.403, Sec.4,Ren’ai Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City
- Breeze Nan Shan : B1F., No17, Songzhi Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei City
- 1F.,No.111,Sec.1, Anhe Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City
National Taiwan University
- Xiaofu/ No.1,Sec.4, Roosevelet Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City
- Xiaoxiaofu/ No.1, Sec.4, Roosevelt Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City
- Agriculture Building : B1, No.1, Sec.4, Roosevelt Rd., Da’an dist., Taipei City
- Social Science Building: B1, No.1, Sec.4, Roosevelt Rd., Da’an dist., Taipei City
- NTU Hospital / B1F., No.7, Zhongshan S. Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City
- NTU Hospital / B1F., No.1, Sec.1, Ren‘ai Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City
Column : "Did you know?"-- Le Cordon Bleu global culinary institution with 35 schools across 20 countries
Taste the works of Le Cordon Bleu chefs at our Café & Restaurant
At Le Cordon Bleu, students can learn from instructors with experiences as executive chefs, pastry chefs and bakers at some of the world’s top eateries.
And even if you are not a student, you can still have a taste of their exquisite cooking techniques!
Our institutes in Tokyo, Paris and London operate cafés, serving freshly-baked breads and pastries as well as a selection of delicatessen items.
At Le Cordon Bleu’s café in Paris, we use organic vegetables grown in our roof-top gardening space. Our schools in Ottawa, Canada and Beirut, Lebanon, operate restaurants. “Signatures”, our restaurant in Ottawa, was awarded Canada’s “Top Choice Award 2018” for its location, hospitality and its modern French cuisine using locally-sourced ingredients.
Through our cafés and restaurants that offer a taste of French culinary culture, we are striving to share our long-standing culinary techniques with a global audience.
Wish to find out more?
Sign up for our e-mail newsletter to receive updates on Le Cordon Bleu!
◎ Le Cordon Bleu Japan
School tours and individual consultations can be booked at your time of convience,please contact us for more information.
Tokyo school ☎ 0120-454-840 firstname.lastname@example.org